2014 GRANDSTAND REPLACEMENT

Ribbon Cutting Ceremony at Rotary Day on Sepember 22, 2014


 

Brief History

 

When Lawrenceburg Rotary assumed management of the Middle Tennessee District Fair in 1950, there was an existing set of bleachers at the arena area. These had been constructed in the 1940's after an older facility had burned.  As the fair grew, a cover was added in 1978 and a separate open grandstand was built in 1981.  

 

 

By 2010, both structures were showing their age and Rotary began developing cost, funding, and preliminary design for a complete rebuild. All of the pieces came together in the spring of 2013 when Lawrenceburg Rotary partnered with the City of Lawrenceburg for replacement of existing seating with a 1.8 Million dollar covered grandstand with rest rooms and other supporting facilities.  The plan was to complete the facility in the spring of 2014, and under the supervision of Project Manager John M. Beasley and Construction Manager Heath Hill, this was accomplished on schedule and on budget.  

 

The first public event at the new facility was the 2014 Rumble at the Crossroads Truck and Tractor Pull. As shown above, the official Ribbon Cutting was held on September, 22, 2014 at the beginning of the Middle Tennessee District Fair.

 

 

 

 

 

Click to view a complete set of Construction Photos taken by Rotarian John Birdsong.  

CAN'T ACCESS MENU DROPDOWNS?
Rotary Weekly Bulletin
Loading
Loading...